Downward Facing Dog Adho Mukha Svanasana
Benefits: calms the mind, relieves stress and mild depression, energizes the body, strengthens arms and legs, stretches upper and lower body, relieves headaches, back pain, and fatigue
- Begin on hands and knees, in table pose. Curl toes under.
- Exhale, straighten knees, and lift hips.
- Hold this position for as you let your head hang down and breathe.
- To release, exhale and bring knees to the floor.
- Relax in child's pose.
- For a fun variation or to increase difficulty, continue to three-legged doggy pose.
Tip: To encourage breathing, have kids bark in this pose. They can pretend to be big dogs, little dogs, etc.