Tree Pose Vriksasana
Benefits: improves balance; strengthens thighs, calves, and ankles; stretches legs and chest; develops concentration
- Begin in mountain pose.
- To help with balance, extend arms out to either side.
- Lift your right foot, turning your knee out; place your foot above or below your left knee, depending on your comfort level.
- Press your hands together, in salutation seal.
- Raise arms overhead, and look up to your hands.
- Return hands to your chest, and lower your right leg.
- Repeat with left leg.