Take an adventure with yoga, as children go to the Africa and back!
Children will learn all about Africa, as they explore African animals and folklore. They move their bodies and engage with each other!
This yoga class lesson plan uses African-themed yoga activities, including:
- Opening activity, where children prepare for our journey to Africa
- Warm-up yoga flow
- Yoga set to a modern story about a girl in Africa
- Safari-themed yoga adventure, filled with animal poses and active movement
- Large muscle activity
- Guided closing on yoga mats
- Mindfulness project, to create an easy take-home
The steps in this class can be adjusted to fill a 45-60 minute yoga class, and is appropriate for children 3-8 years old.
Be sure to click through each activity, so you can be familiar with the entire class plan.
Subscribe today to view this Teaching Tool with full-color images and step-by-step instructions!