Kids love animal themed yoga poses – and bugs make for a class filled with laughter!
This lesson teaches children about our 6 and 8-legged friends, as they turn into a variety of insects with yoga. Your class explores yoga with silly bug poses, story time yoga, and engaging yoga activities.
This yoga lesson plan includes:
- Group breathing, to bring children together as a group
- Opening activity, as children to connect to each other and to nature
- Warm-up yoga flow
- Bug themed yoga sequence, where children create insects with their bodies
- Yoga poses set to a classic storybook about animals
- Guided yoga adventure, as bumblebees make honey
- Calming mindfulness project, as create an easy take-home
The steps in this class can be adjusted to fill a 45-60 minute yoga class, and is appropriate for children 3-8 years old.
Be sure to click through each activity, so you can be familiar with the entire class plan.
Subscribe today to view this Teaching Tool with full-color images and step-by-step instructions!