Chinese New Year is filled so many fun ways to celebrate a new holiday – and we can do them all on a yoga mat! This lesson plan is perfect during the month of February, as children explore all the traditional ways to celebrate this holiday.
This lesson plan includes:
- An opening activity and guided group discussion, where children come together and prepare for class
- Warm-up yoga flow
- Themed yoga adventure, that focuses on large muscle movement
- Yoga poses set to a festive Chinese New Year story
- A special yoga activity, as children continue to explore the holiday
- Relaxing yoga flow, that focuses on calming yoga poses
- Mindfulness project, to create a fun take-home
The steps in this class can be adjusted to fill a 45-60 minute yoga class, and is appropriate for children 3-8 years old.
Be sure to click through each activity, so you can be familiar with the entire class plan.
Subscribe today to view this Teaching Tool with full-color images and step-by-step instructions!