Thanksgiving is about family, food, and gratitude! Help children embrace their favorite parts of this holiday, while they explore the ways we experience and express gratitude.
This lesson plan includes:
- A centering activity, where children come together to focus on the things they are thankful for
- Discussion topics on giving and receiving
- Warm-up yoga flow
- Yoga poses set to a story, as children create a Thanksgiving feast
- Fall-themed yoga adventure, which focuses on gratitude for nature
- Guided group activity, which allows children to explore their lives
- Gratitude mindfulness project, to create an easy take-home
The steps in this class can be adjusted to fill a 45-60 minute yoga class, and is appropriate for children 3-8 years old.
Be sure to click through each activity, so you can be familiar with the entire class plan.