Journey into outer space with yoga, as children go to the moon and back!
This yoga class lesson plan uses space-themed yoga activities, including:
- A centering activity, where children prepare for our journey to space
- Warm-up yoga flow
- A classic childhood story, where children climb to the moon with yoga poses
- Large muscle-movement activity
- Yoga adventure, which begins to prepare children for the end of class
- Guided closing on yoga mats
- Mindfulness project, to create an easy take-home
The steps in this class can be adjusted to fill a 45-60 minute yoga class, and is appropriate for children 3-8 years old.
Be sure to click through each activity, so you can be familiar with the entire class plan.
Subscribe today to view this Teaching Tool with full-color images and step-by-step instructions!