Kids love animal themed yoga poses – and underwater animals make for a class filled with happiness!
During class, children learn all about ocean animals, as they travel bottom of the ocean and back.
This yoga lesson plan includes:
- A centering activity and guided group discussion, helping children come together and prepare for class
- Warm-up yoga flow, so kids can get their bodies moving together
- Yoga poses set to a rhyming storybook about our oceans
- Yoga game, to increase active movement and teamwork
- Themed large muscle movement as a group
- Savasana – which connects students to each other as class winds down
- Calming mindfulness project, as children explore underwater imagery
The steps in this class can easily be adjusted to fill a 45-60 minute yoga class. This lesson plan is appropriate for children 3-8 years old.
Be sure to click through each activity, so you can be familiar with the entire class plan.
Subscribe today to view this Teaching Tool with full-color images and step-by-step instructions!