The Mitten makes an excellent group activity!
- Choose one child to be each animal, and the rest of the children will make the mitten.
- The mitten children sit in a circle toe-to-toe, in Wide Angle Stretch, and lean in to hold hands.
- As the story is read, each animal climbs into the mitten, holding the pose as long as they are comfortable.
- Baba’s good knitting needs to hold fast! The mitten can lean and pull, but no letting go of hands!
- When mouse enters, it tickles bear’s nose.
- Bear sneezes, all of the mitten children lift their hands above them, and the animals scatter out of the circle.
- The mitten is still together (with feet), but it is all stretched out (hands overhead).